We stayed in a nice 2 bedroom condo in the Royale Palms tower on Kingston Plantation. (Yes, 2 bedrooms for 9 people... it worked out remarkably well, especially since both of the babies slept in pack n plays in the spacious walk-in closets!) We ate every meal in and only left the plantation to make a run to the local (and busiest I've EVER seen) Wal-Mart. With 5 kids ages 4 and under, it was a vacation made in Heaven! Some of my favorite memories are:
- the daddies digging giant holes in the sand to make the kids a "pool"
- watching the kids have an absolute blast in the water park on the plantation
- the mommies and the daddies getting to leave separately during nap time to go work out
- the delicious Trader Joes meals that we whipped up in no time and for so little money
- Vivian and Carter's wedding... which took place in the condo, when the daddies were running and all the other kids were sleeping. I think they got married about 3 or 4 times, and decided they would honeymoon at "Dudaddy's house."
- Zach thinking that the Myrtle Beach sand was the tastiest thing he had ever eaten
- sleeping in until 8:45 each morning. Although the kids went to bed very late every night, they slept in until 8:45 each morning. Wow, that felt good.
Carter really enjoyed the ocean and was pretty bold, until he got water up his nose.
Leigh attempting to save Zach from the sand he was eating. It even showed up in his diaper!
The digging of the "pool" on the beach. Go, daddies, go!
One of my favorite shots I took that weekend... a tired Vivian, but turned out very cool. Look at those piercing eyes!
It's always fun to get to spend this 24-hours a day vacation time with the RoBards, and we look forward to all the many memories we will make in the years to come!